• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bipod opinions wanted

I just recently picked up a gun I will be doing a little predator and varmint hunting with. I am looking at bipods and am torn between the Harris bipods or a carry along bipod/monopod. Most of my shooting will be from a seated position and if it matters the gun is a Rock River Varmint. What do you all use?

I just picked up the Harris bipod 13-25 which were not to cheap. My cuson picked up a set form fleet farm or gander which were similar to the Harris ones but not as tall I think 23". Both seemed to be exactly the same but his has graduated lower legs which seem better for adjustment and were by far cheaper.

I have the Shooters Ridge Pivot Extended Bipod 14 1/2"-29 1/4". I also looked at the Harris bipods and this one is really similar. Whatever one you decide on, make sure it is a pivoting bipod! This allows you to level your gun on uneven ground. It is a little more expensive for this feature, but in my opinion, worth every penny!

Im also in the same boat. I think I have decided I am going to get a Vangaurd tripod. I don't think I want a bipod attached to my gun all the time. It makes the gun heavier and bulkier. I would say the swivel on the bipod is a must if you get one. The reason I liked the tripod is because it can go really low if I need to lay down and it can also be tall if i want to sit. When I was looking at bipods it seems to me that either you get one so you sit all the time or lay down all the time. The ones that you sit with seem to be to tall to lay down with and the ones that you lay down with are to short to sit. Each set I would hunt at would be different and I want to have both options available. Also I beleive it is hard to move a bipod if your sitting in like taller weeds. The bipod legs would get stuck in the weeds if needed to move the gun quickly to make a shot. Not sure that the tripod would help in the situation but at least you can lift the gun off the tripod and make a shot. Just my 2 cents.