• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Voyager owners: A little help please?

Moose-Hunter

Just assembled a new Voyager TCX. I'm 99% done but I still need to install the "V" molding on the "back" of the tent to connect it to the tub. How far down or how tight should I pull the tent fabric before permanently installing the molding?

Should I end up with an equal length of skirt all the way around? Should I drop the poles a bit then install the molding? Or what...?

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated!

When I set up my X2 a few years back what I found to work best was to fully extend all the poles and then pull the fabric tight till it just started to pull the front pole off the ground and I relaxed the fabric about 2 inches at that point and attached the strip. I have never had a problem with it being loose in the wind and my skirt is always laying flat on the ice so I can throw snow on it. My excess is pretty symetrical all the way around but the X2 had the sled that was higher in the front so there is a little more fabric towards the front of the sled.

Just assembled a new Voyager TCX. I'm 99% done but I still need to install the "V" molding on the "back" of the tent to connect it to the tub. How far down or how tight should I pull the tent fabric before permanently installing the molding?

Should I end up with an equal length of skirt all the way around? Should I drop the poles a bit then install the molding? Or what...?

Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated!

Some times it helps to have someone there to give a hand holding and eyeballing. Make sure to set it up with the front skirt on the floor. Then as you pull enough of the tarp down have the other person tell you right when the front bar starts to left off the floor and back down a bit. If you pull to much to the back the front bar will be off the ice! I think I have about 2-3 inchs down past the edge. Also, do not put the little screws in the edge until you go around at least two times and make sure it is all even and open and close it to make sure all works ok before screwing it down. Good Luck! wink

I think this applies to all models of flip over portables.

Make sure you are on a flat surface. Be sure to attach all the velcro tabs onto the poles and space out the poles so they are positioned and anchoring the corners of the shelter. Be sure the front bar has ample fabric to allow it to rest completely on the ground. Then carefully pull the back fabric snug enough to take out the sag in the fabric but not so tight that it raises the front bar off the ground. Use a rubber mallet to hammer in the "U" channel. I usually start in the center of the back edge of the sled and work my way out to the sides careful to not crease and pinch the fabric so it will look nice. Pull snug as you work around. You will still have an opportunity to fine tune the fabric before you add the screws to secure it all in place.