• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod box/case

coombia21

Now that I have been out fishing on the hard water. I have though to myself about all the rods that got broken in the last couple seasons and wonder what is the best way to eliminate that. I recently purchased a otter rod box and that thing is amazing. I would like to get the same thing for open water. Does anybody make one of these for open water? I do a lot of rod transport with out a boat, what is the best way to keep my rods protected and kind of tangle free when transporting them? I do use rod socks but I would like to be able to protect my rods and not have to remove the reels.

Ive been looking for a solution to that problem for 2 years. its looking more and more like I can upgrade to a boat with a large locker built in, or build my own gun case style rod holder. Which, would be really heavy for what it will be.

Simple1

Wanting to leave the reels on, makes i tough unless you build something. I prefer to take my reels off, place them in my fishing bag. The rods go in a rod tube.The one i have extends out enough to handle 7 ft. rods.