• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to modify my flip over fish house to a different sled.

aqhunter

I have a eskimo quick flip 2 that has a bunch of damage to the sled. The fish house canvas is in good shape, its just the sled that has taken a beating. The sled didn't seem that tough from the start.I talked with a rep at the ice fishing expo today and had mentioned the problem of it not being tough enough. They agreed and said they were looking for a tougher molded sled for the future. Not wanting to wait I started thinking of modifying my canvas and poles to a different sled. Looking around there is not a sled that is exact to what I have that seems tough enough.

My question is has anyone modified there fish houses to a different sled?

Is it worth trying? Or is it going to just be a money pit?

they replacement sled would need to be the same dimensions as your exsisting sled other wises if would be hard to do. the easiest way would be to just buy a replacement sled from eskimo even if it is not tough enough of sled as you would like to have. another option would be to replace the sled and then sell the house and put the money towards a new house with a tougher sled.

It can be done. My buddy has a QF2 that he did this to for the same reasons you mentioned (bad sled). He put his on a otter medium sled, he did have to buy some canvas and add material to the skirting in order to be able to bank it correctly. The pole that is closest to the ice sits about an inch above the ice and isn't a problem if there is snow on the lake.

I have tried to cover the bottom with sheet metal in the past. Didn't work because there is so much damage done to the side of the sled and corners are a mess. I like the idea, just didn't work for my sled. I also thought about replacing it with the original sled and then selling it. But with the price of used shacks compared to new ones its tough. If you guys that have done this before have pictures I would really appreciate seeing them. Thanks