• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have a Sportsman 500 X2?

Chaws

I've been looking for an ATV for use during the winter on the ice as well as hunting in the spring/fall and training dogs in the summer time. Does anyone on her have an X2 or know of someone who does that would have some feedback? I've found a couple used ones, 2008 and 09 models with the 500.

I have a 2006 500cc X2 and only use it for ice fishing. The bed is perfect to store the majority of my things that I don't want bouncing around in my portable. With chains on the rear stock tires I have never had any problems getting through the deep snow or drifts - of course that was several years ago!! I purchased a bungee net that I put over everything and it works GREAT!! When it comes time to buy another wheeler I will be sure to buy another with the bed. I will be getting it ready this week. If I can figure it out I will post some pics for you.

I rent atv's for a living and one of my rental machines is a 2009 500x2. Its holding up to the abuse pretty well but it has that typical polaris quirkiness with reliability. Battery is mounted in a bad place and Im constantly cleaning and tightening the terminals. The wires in the wire harness rub together and eventually rub themselves bare and short out (happened in 4 locations already). There is a fuse box but the relay for the cooling fan is located in a different location in a hard to get to spot but completely unprotected from the elements and will fail.

If you dont take the time to water proof all connections the computer will fault out and leave you stranded unless you carry a list of all the trouble codes with you.

NO back up rcoil start

Front storage box is nowhere near water proof.

If your in reverse gear, it will automatically shift out of 4x4 unless you hold in the yellow overide button the whole time your in reverse....a needless safety feature in my opinion.

The small rear receiver is too light duty.

But...its a tough machine. Ive had no trouble with engine or transmission.

Most riding is done in a very wet enviroment with alot of rocks

I've got an '07 and love it. Haven't had one problem with it. Use it for ice fishing, lots of work around the property, hauling logs/rocks/wood, plowing a long road/driveway and trail riding etc. It's always performed for me and has plenty of power for what I use it for. I also haul our utility trailer around and even move our 18' fiberglass boat around with it. I love the dump box, and my wife loves the 2-up option when she's with me. I have an auger holder mounted to front storage racks which I use to haul tools, guns etc. It's a great ice fishing/hunting machine. Not sure about newer models, but mine absolutely has a recoil backup starter. The yellow reverse 4x4 button is a reality, but has never been a big deal to me. Have ridden in all conditions and it's never left me stranded. I would definitely get another one. I will say that the battery placement is a pain, but I've only had to get in there once. Just my personal experience, everyone has their own story/experience.

Having seen titeline's X2 in action personally, it's an excellent choice for navigating through snow. Even with the stock tires. I was impressed to see what it would go through and put some shame on machines with bigger engines and more hp.