• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mechanical Question

I have a pair of Artic Cat Lynx Dlx's and one of them has recently lost the use of its speedometer. I was told by several sources that this is usually an indication that the bearings on the drive shaft are going out. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or has had some expierence with this. Any help would be great.

possible that could be a factor. but you could just have a seize angle drive or the short pin broke it happens, but not always becuase the drive bearing it out. pop off the angle drive below the secondary clutch and inspect it. the should be a sort pin there if not its broke in 2. also check the bearing if it looks dry you may want to replace it. there is a grease zerk on the angle drive that never get's the attention it should.

On my Lynx, when that happened it was caused by the end of the speedo cable breaking off. Unscrew it at the bottem, down near the shaft and see if it is broken off. Spin the end of the cable to see if the speedometer moves. Could just be the cable, which would be much cheaper then new bearings.