• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Air Bag Light?

Hi guys!..97 Chev Silverado...128,000 miles...5.7 vortec...Half ton 4x4...Yesterday the air-bag light came on while i was driving...After i shut the truck off and restarted it,the light dont stay on anymore,,BUT..the AIR-BAG light blinks 5 times every time i start it now...Does anyone know what that means?...Thanks for any ideas..

It means your wallet will be lighter by a hundred buck to figure out what is wrong! grin

Then figure at least a hundred dollars per flash to repair! Lol

You will have to have the airbag module scanned for codes. Once you know them you will have a much better idea of what the problem could be. Lately seat belt pretensioners have been pretty popular along with front crash sensors. There could also be an issue with the clock spring or even a connection issue. Knowing the codes will help.

Ok thanks for your reply....Probably will have to live without air-bags for awhile....
I know this will sound old fashioned, but if you plan to drive without airbags you should let all of your passengers know this before allowing them into the vehicle. Think about if you got into somebody's car, expecting the seatbelts to work, and then after an accident discovered (painfully) that the seatbelts were broken and the owner/driver was just waiting for some extra cash to fix them.

Most people won't care, but from a peace-of-mind standpoint and maybe even a legal standpoint, I'd let passengers know that the safety features they would expect in your vehicle aren't 100%. If you're getting into a '67 Mustang or mid-80s truck, a reasonable person would know that those safety features aren't available. Not so in your vehicle.