• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Abu Garcia Veritas and Vendetta

creepworm

Anyone use these rods. All the reviews I have found seem to be pretty positive but seem to be from mostly bass fisherman. Was wondering if anyone has used them Walleye fishing. I was thinking of going with a 7' Veritaas paired up with an Orra SX for casting cranks from the waders and a 6'3" Vendetta paired with an Orra S for jigging. If anyone has any reviews of these rods or reels it would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I may have not worded it the way I should have have. Most of the reviews I have read are from people pitching jigs and other applications that are mostly casting rod applications. I myself am looking at a couple of spinning rods. Not that there should be a big difference but there may be. Didnt mean to say that I do not want bass fisherman input, any input would be awesome so I am sorry for coming off that way.

Just giving ya a little razzing no feeling were hurt.

I see what you're saying about mainly bass fisherman doing the reviews maybe because it seems this line of rods is geared more towards the bass fisherman, not to say it wouldn't catch a walleye just as good. A good rod is a good rod regardless of intended species.

I have two vendettas and will not consider purchasing another. They fish well in my opinion in terms of backbone and sensitivity. However, I've had the same model blow to pieces on hook sets twice. I considered the first one a fluke. The second time was last September and it exploded like a gunshot. I ended up with an 8" section of the rod sticking out of my chest (I was wearing a light T-shirt). It buried itself about 3/8" and I still have the scar. ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION IN THE BOAT!!