• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reminder: Snowmobile Only trails are NOT for 4-wheelers.

Hammer Handle

I would recommend other measures than stopping them. What are you going to do? Best is to call the local sheriff's dept or CO and give them as much information as possible including registration numbers if you can get them.

Been there and done that.

Unfortunately, I cannot monitor the trail all the time and I am sure they can't either. I rely on people to be courteous and repectful of my land.

I enjoy the snowmobile trail there, even though I don't have a snowmobile myself. But, when others abuse it and now do property damage to my neighbor's land and he wants to close the trail for all, what can a person do?

hidden trail cams?

See if you can have the Sheriff's patrol or a CO monitor the trail in that area a little better? If there's a persistent problem, they might be willing to have someone staged in the area.

You have no idea who it is that's riding on the snowmobile trails? No way to track them?

Trail cams are hard to hide. The neighbor's camera was stolen.

The Sheriff patrols the area...but states we aren't the only ones with this same issue.

I live far away from the land. I find out when I find the damage.

I just was hoping when people catch someone doing something wrong, they would step in and say something. I was just hoping people would aid before the issue gets worse and trails are lost. That is all.

The Trail Association is looking into it too. I like the trail myself and plan on keeping it, but don't understand why people don't show respect for things like this anymore. Every year it gets worse and worse.

The Trail Association is great and do what they can.

I was just hoping people would read this on the forum and agree that they should obey the rules. By far, most of the people do.

I know we need more areas for 4-wheelers to ride in MN. But, breaking the rules is the wrong way to earn respect and support from others.

I can understand your frustration HH. ATVs were my life for many years. But when good intentions became an opportunity for the uninformed to start making false accusations towards me, it was time to call it quits. When the very same class of people that are plaguing you with trespassing on ATVs started to set bad examples during ATV safety training classes, I decided I was in a losing battle and hung up the hat to pursue other interests.

Hopefully they can catch those who are causing the damage.