• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Tires 06 ForemanS---first time tire buyer

lungdeflator

Time to replace the stock tires on our foreman. Not interested in any lifts or having to trim to accomadate. We use the ATV for almost everything you can think of.

I have seen some atvs with all 4 tires the same size. Looks like they have rear tires on the front and back? Is that a good idea or bad idea?

Whats the biggest size we can go without lifting/trimming?

Any brands to stay away from?

I personally have 27x11x12 ITP 589s on all four corners of my Foreman, it does have a slight rub on the front.....but only when the suspension is totally compressed. Its only a problem if I get really aggressive though and it doesnt hurt anything but the paint on my shock spring. If I were to do it again I'd probably go with a 9 or 10 wide on the front instead but keep the 11 wide on the rear.

I've had many different brands, but as far as what to stay away from, you'll get mixed reviews. Mud Lites are popular and less expensive, but seemed to puncture easily and wear too fast for me. The 589s are a bit heavy but wear like iron and I've yet to have a flat in 10,000 miles.

I have the ITP Mudlites on my Foreman. 27x9x12 on front & 27x11x12 on the rear. We don't put many miles on them so i can't speak to how quickly they wear out, but they are fantastic in snow & I would recommend them.

I am getting new tires for my Honda Foreman this year as well. I use mine for Hunting, Fishing, and work. I am leaning towards the ITP Terra Cross RT tire. I think this will be the perfect tire for my situation. I am not mudding. Just want a good traction tire that will last a while.

Bought 27X12" in the backs, 27X10" Mudzilla's for mine (2008 Polaris 500), have no rubbing issues on that. Even though they are awesome in the mud and snow, I would not recommend them everyday riding.

My next tire will be something along the lines of the Bighorns.

My recommendation would be to stay close to the stock size for width and height. I would not think if you went an inch bigger for height you would run into any clearance issues.