• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anxiety?

MNpurple

I have a 5 year old lab that I think may be developing some seperation axiety issues. About 6 months ago I took a job that requires me to be gone 3-4 nights per week. During the last couple of months, whenever I leave she throws up at least once, sometime twice a day and the throwing up stops when I am home. She almost always throws up in the middle of the night. If I take her with me she doesn't throw up. My wife is enjoying the clean up smile

She doesn't show the usual anxiety issues of pacing, barking, tearing things up or being destructive while I'm gone, just throws up.

I can leave the house to run errands and there is no problem, but when I pack to go and she sees the bag by the door, she gets very excited and I would imagine very upset when the door closes without her. I'm going to try and not let her see me leave the house with my bag to decrease the excitement. Does this sound like anxiety to you? Any ideas to overcome it?

Anxiety in dog is a breeding problem and usually shows up when the dog-puppy is very young. I remember reading other posts about throw up problem being a vendor change in the dog food. Suggest you check with your vet for other health related issues that may be causing this problem. Please continue posting with what you conclude the problem and solution to be. Thanks Tink