• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogs feet in rough shape...any ideas?

HookEmHard84

I've noticed recently that my dog's paws are really dry and raw around the nails. I'm assuming its just from the cold and getting wet and dry all the time. We tried putting some vasaline on there, but he just wants to lick it off right away.

Anyone have this problem? What do you do, any remedies?

You could try these Dog shoes from Ruff wear. Not sure if you dog would wear them or not but they are supposed to protect their paws from sharp rocks, Ice/snow and other things that can irritate their paws. they sell them at REI.

polar_trex_dog.jpg

Another option is Blue Lotion (also known as blue ointment and blue coat). I have never used it myself, but there are a lot of rabbit/hare hunters that use it on their beagles especially in the winter.

Hope this helps