• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bilge Pump

fishnowworknever

I'm in need of a new pump, been doing my research and see that Rule or Attwood look like the choices to go with.

I have a 17' yarcraft

1. What GPH I should be looking for.

2. Automatic switch - internal or external

3. Currently I have 1 pump, should I be looking into adding another and if so can I tie into the existing plumbing or do I need to run it's own?

Thank you in advance.

Are you looking to replace your current pump, or add another?

If you're looking to replace, I'd find out which one you have today and swap it with the same brand. Most bilge pumps snap/rotate into the housing making replacement much easier than replumbing.

marine_man

If you decide to add a second bilge pump, you will need to run a seperate outlet hose for it. I have a 17' boat and have a manual 625 gph pump, and this past spring added a 500 gph automatic pump as a second (both are Attwood). The manual runs of a standard on/off switch, and the auto runs off a seperate three way switch.