• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wiring grip heaters on an 04 Foreman 450 ES

JScott

Any suggestions on where to connect the red and black wires? I've got everything else mounted. Symtec recommends headlight hot, or acc hot. Is it the green wire? Acc has green and white/black stripe, headlight has green and (I think orange). Not looking too easy to get at either. I've got the instrument pod taken apart but don't want to rush it.

I have mine wired with the red going to the pink wire coming off the ignition switch. I ran the black to the headlight assembly mounting bolt for a good ground. That way they are dead when the key is off. I also put in a fuse before running the wiring to the control switch.

Depending on what you plug into it, you could also wire them into the wiring that goes to the12v accessory jack. They would also be controlled by the key and that circuit is already fused. Just be aware that if you use any high draw accessories in the jack it could overload the circuit. It should be ok though as the warmers typically only draw 15 watts or so.

Thanks for the reply. I think I can get connected to the 12 volt socket but don't know which one is hot. Green or white/black stripe. Seems like it would probably be the green. I'll also take a look at that pink wire coming of ignition.

I got the grip heaters/thumb heaters all wired up today. Went in to the instrument pod on my 04 foreman TRX and connected to the hot lead for the accessory socket. In case anyone is installing these on that same machine, the wire you want is the white/black stripe. Seems to work fine with GPS connected at the same time.

It was easiest to remove the upper headlight and loosen the instrument screen to put it off to one side. That allowed access for tapping in to the wire. Grounded to 10 mm screw which holds metal frame for lower pod. Had to sand away some paint from screw to establish ground.