• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spaying a dog

slabchaser

I got a vet quote to spay my pb yellow lab approx 55lbs 9 months old. The vet said it would be 300 to 350 dollars.

I live in the west metro and it may be that I have been out of touch for a while but this appears to be very high. Anyone else have quotes of this amount? Can anyone recommend another vet for a 2nd opinion?

We took in two stray cats and my gf found somewhere that had events that had low fees to spay/neuter specifically to help out those with limited funds, or rescued animals and such. Look around and you will probably find somewhere a little more affordable. Focus on places that emphasize rescues etc.

seems a little high.

What i did when i bought my dog is I went to PetSmart that has the Banfiled offices. They offer a first year puppy plan that you can purchase. Either a lump sum or through monthly payments. The total cost was about $300 but it included everything your dog would need during its first year. All of the shots, worm exams, spay/neuter, plus it covered all of the office visit fees the first year.

After the first year we transfered records to another vet we liked better but for the first year it was a pretty good deal.

Has the dog been through her first cycle? If she has it will be a little higher than if she hadn't. My vet recommended that my female lab go through a heat cycle so her external genitalia developed more normally. Because they recommended it they gave me the regular price. I think it was around $250.