• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Information on tracks for ATV

Wayne Ek

I'm thinking of moving up from my 360 Kawasaki 4-wheeler to a larger ATV with tracks or have tracks put on one. I use the wheeler a little in the spring/summer to move trailers around. Then alot in the winter for ice fishing. In the Alex. area there are numerous little lakes that have no vehicle traffic and I want to be able to pull a small Ice Castle out. Current wheeler fit's into the rear cargo doors of the castle. But I got stuck to many times last season with all the snow,slush and water on the lakes. I also plow the driveway with the wheeler. Just looking for some pro/con from people who are currently or have had wheelers with tracks.

Thanks...

Wayne,

I just put a set on my ranger, I have driven around with them but with no snow I have not been able to put them to good use. I did alot of research on the net,read forums,reveiws and watched some videos before I purchased mine. I was stuck between the Polaris tracks and the Camoplast tracks, I decided to go with the camoplast for 2 main reasons. 1. They are designed to be a 4 season track (polaris sxs tracks are not 4 wwheeler ones are!) 2. they look like they would not ice up as easy and would be easier to clean. There are pros and cons to all brands a big part come down to what your main use will be and personnal preferance. If you want to look at them or take it for a drive I will be at my brother's place on Lake Andrew Friday afternoon thru Sat. PM me and I will give ya my #.

Brad.