• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasants Near Alexandria?

Has anyone been pheasant hunting up near Alexandria? I know it's not typically the area of the state most people think about for pheasant hunting, but the been up there the past couple of years and have actually seen quite a few birds. I know numbers are down everywhere, but wondering if anyone has seen any birds around Alex or west of town (within an hour or so of Alex). I am headed up that way to hunt some public land next weekend. I would be interested to hear any reports from the area. Thanks.

If you work at it you will find pheasants in the Alex area. I am a very avid pheasant hunter that usually heads to SW MN during the season for most of my pheasant hunting. The last couple years the pheasant population would have rivaled what I saw in SW MN. This year is a different story. Like everywhere else numbers are down here also. I have been very pleased with the number of birds I have shot around Alex this year considering the year. Have fun and enjoy the area.