• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Helmet communication devices

dustin85

I am looking for some input on a helmet communcation system. I would like to get something so my wife and I talk to each other while trail riding with our ATV's. I do not know anything about these devices, and welcome any and all feedback on any models. We would typically be riding within close range, so I don't need anything with a super long range. How do most of these work?..do we buy a pair of them as a package, and we can only talk to each other?...or is it possible for other friends to link up with their devices if they get the same type? Are there different models/options to look at if I also wanted to use them snowmobiling? What should I look for or stay away from?...Thanks in advance for any information!

Dustin

Grrrr, I just gave a set away cuz nobody wanted them. frown

Anyway I've had and used the Chatter box ones and some other no name ones and never found one that I'd buy again. They all have less range and more engine noise than I cared for and the VOX mics were set off by wind or engine noise. Now we just use the hand held Motorola FRMS radios and clip them on the front of our jacket and some of the guys use an ear bud. I personally clip mine on a mount I have on my handlebar facing me and in most cases can here the alert beep if someone calls me. I like them because they are portable and can be used for multiple activities.