• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headlights on Polaris Ranger

magnum mike

I have been disappointed by the headlights on my 2009 Ranger XP since the day I brought it home. This weekend is the last straw. While I understand it was not meant to go 70 MPH down the highway, I am overdriving the stock lights at 10 MPH. I don’t feel like dropping several hundred dollars for LED or other driving lights. Does anyone have any experience with this and a reasonable suggestion how to brighten up the trail?

I did a lighting upgrade on my Prowler. I did both the high beams and low beams. What a difference it made. If I was to do it again I think I would do only the high beams and leave the low beams stock. Go them from VVME. Someone said make sure you buy the digital slim ballast and that is what I did. From start to finish it took 20 minutes to do. Now I am thinking of doing the headlights on my truck.

My prowler had a Low/high switch. It was really easy.

Unplug the stock head light.

Plug in the transformer (ballast).

Find somewhere to mount the ballast. I tek screwed mine under the hood.

Mount the HID lamps just like the stock you removed.

Plug in the new HID headlamps to wiring harness on the ballast. (DON’T touch the lamps. Use the foam that they come with.

You are done

I think it took me longer to explain then to actually do it.

The stock Prowler lamps are 880. You need to verify what the Polaris has. This is what I ordered and installed 3 years and have not had any issues.

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]

Like I said before I would try just relacing your high beams and leave the low beams stock for when you don't need alot of light. I hardly ever use my high beams because the lows are bright enough.

There are alot of HID kits for sale but this what I used.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.