• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where?

CrookedHook

Guys, If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am looking for a lake near winni that might produce some nice sunnies and crappies. I heard Ball CLub might be a good lake. Also heard that Portage near there might be good.

I have fished a nice lake in the spring and we found sunnies but now where should I fish them in the winter with 3 feet of ice on the water and temperatures at 10 degrees. ANy bit of advice would be grateful.

Thanks
CH

Portage is good. I know there are some decent panfish in there. I've never fished Ball Club but I've heard of some crappies caught out of there. There are a few other lakes near Winni that have panfish as well. I can't think of names off the top of my head but if you ask around at some of the baitshops you should get a good idea. Or else up towards Bemidji there are some really nice panfish lakes. Not too bad of a drive from Winni.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy