• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vinson Driveline clunk

randerson

My dad has a 2002 vinson 500 auto and there is a driveline issue I have had the clutches cleaned and serviced and dealer couldn't find where the noise was coming from it happens in 2wd or 4wd forward and reverse it sounds like there is a stick stuck in the way of the drivetrain and happens every rotation. The dealer was puzzled and said the next thing would be to pull the motor ($$$) already have several hundred into the service with no luck. It works fine other than the nagging noise and the motor runs flawlessly so I'm a little puzzled any recommendations

Maybe MacGyver can confirm this, but if I'm not mistaken, the parking gear on the Vinson locks/engages into the drive shaft just infront of the rear axle, not in the transmission. Could it be something as simple as a linkage adjustment?

It very well could be after I had it in to the dealer I now notice that it does not go into park any more I did mention this to the dealer as I was leaving and he came out and took a look at it and told me to try it again when I get it home to see if it was just in a akward spot that wouldn't let it go in once I got it unloaded it still wouldn't go into park. Thanks I will check it out this weekend when I get a chance