• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota Terrova 80 lb thrust lacks power

tori's dad

I put an 80 lb thrust Terrova on my 175 alumacraft Tourney pro late this summer. It also has an I- pilot. It seems to lack power It will only tow the boat around 2 mph at full speed with no wind. The I pilot on spot lock kicks off in winds around 12-15 mph and doesnt seem to hold the boat. The batteries were new Northern batteries when I bought the Terrova. I checked the connections to the battery and they are good. The battery life tester on the Terrova shows full charge but the lights seem dim as well. Any ideas- maybe I bought some bad batteries?

Did you get the battery connections connected right for a 24v system?

I had a friend who replaced batteries in his boat and didn't hook the wires back up correctly, exhibited the same symptoms as yours. It ran but on half power.

Got to love an easy fix! You were probably seeing dollar signs. I usually am when something like that happens fearing the worst.

I was out fishing with my buddy when he said he was really losing power on his bowmount. I know he just replaced those batteries because he tried to jump his big motor off of his trolling batteries BUT didn't hook the cables up right and pretty much trashed them.

I was like you just put these in... you hook them up right? No he didn't. Easy fix on the water and we were back to fishing.