• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stihl FS75 trimmer carb.

delcecchi

Got this trimmer from my son. Sort of old. not sure where he got it. It doesn't start. When I pump the little bulb on top of carb it doesn't do anything like suck fuel up.

Got a carb kit, put it in. Still won't suck gas up to the carb. Any suggestions? Maybe I did something wrong? Stihl is sort of stingy with diagrams. But there were like 3 little oval pieces of metal in the kit. I didn't see anything like them in the carb when I took it apart. Anybody know what they are for?

Old diaphram was hard.

Would an air leak around the bulb do it? Is there supposed to be a gasket or something under it? Isn't the bulb supposed to fill with gas like it does on my new stihl trimmer?

Fortunately it is pretty easy to take apart. I would appreciate any clues.

Yes it is suposed to fill with gas. I would first check the rubber hoses going from the tank to the carb. If they are hard fealing they could be sucking air through a pin hole. If they look good it is the carburetor. You can get a brand new carb for under 100.00.

As for the little round things I need a better description or pictures.

I think I got it working. Of course, now the plastic dome cracked.

Here are the parts I was asking about. The screen gets pushed down in a hole, I believe but I think it will be ok without it. I was asking about the other three small metal ovals. I saw no place for them.

full-1100-12921-dscf0776.jpg

They look like plugs you should not have to replace them. Most likely they use that carberator for a diffrent engine that needs those holes open but it is cheeper to make a universel carb and make it adapt.