• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blind cloth material for quick blind set-up?

Finlander

The last time I hunted Ripley in the first morning right at shooting time, I was standing in the area my friend told me to go. So i'm standing there for a few minutes with all my equipment either hanging on me or me holding as 5 deer come running at me as I am standing on the trail they were running on only to drop what I had in my hand and wave at them to avoid getting run over. As it turns out there were 2 does getting chased by 3 monster bucks with huge racks and all I could do was take mental pictures of them before I had to clean my pants! Then they ran another direction out of sight, Then for the next 20 minutes I saw deer and could't put my stand up until all was clear. So I bought one of those cloth blinds you prop stakes into the ground to hold the material up and hide in it! Anybody have success doing this? If I could have been set when all those deer were running around, I would have another trophy buck on the wall! blush

Nice encounter! Personally, I like the idea of ground cover. I bought some lightweight camo cloth at one of the big box stores last year and plan to use it this year. I'm thinking of tying it to natural vegitation. The lighter the better, it's similar to the shoot through windows on pop up blinds, but I am not planning to shoot through it. I like the simple ground set up for all the reasons you mentioned plus a few more. It all comes down the there being no ideal set up for all situations. But I think lighter is better and I personally don't like hauling around tree stands or bulyk ground blinds for a single day hunt.