• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

200 opti killing when thrown in reverse

TSchultz

Don't know if anybody on here will have any ideas, but here goes. I've got an 02 200 Opti about 460 hours on it. Anyway occasionally it seems a bit cold blooded when I initially start it. It will sometimes take a turn or two for it to start and keep running. It also seems like it likes to run for about 15 seconds before I put it in gear for it to keep running. I recently put new plugs in it which definitely helped, but it still does it occasionally. There are no error codes that come up on the computer. I think that the fuel pump is possibly starting to go and there is a slight hitch in fuel delivery when it's thrown from forward to reverse quickly or on intitial start up.

Thoughts? I love the motor by the way.

May want to check the shifting cutout switch. Its on the motor shift throttle rail. It could be sticking or hanging up.

I would also maybe change the fuel filter as it could be an easy fix. There could be a number of other options as well.