• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water crappie fishing

If the weather stays like this, looks like this may be an early start to the open water season. Fishing with kids and frozen fingers I get tired of changing presentations and always tying knots. Last year I tried to simplify my life and started tying on a snap swivel and then connecting #8 snelled hooks or a spinner rig with just a plastic grub. We could fish for hours without me having to tie another knot (i'm kind of lazy) and we seemd to catch just as may fish as with the jigs and the mepps spinners. Does this sound like a good simple approach to crappie fishing?

When they are biting just about anything will work. Sometimes that spring bite can be tough. You may need to modify your presentation a little. However, as I said earlier, when they are really biting anything works. Scott Steil