• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thinking of a Snowblower already!

otterman91105

A little blurb from one of the e-news services I subscribe to. Actually they just keep sending me stuff and sometimes I actually read it. Thought it was pertinent anyway.

"Deere and Honda Partner — Deere and Company has reached a marketing agreement with Honda Power Equipment. With this deal, Honda lawnmowers, snow blowers, tillers, generators and other equipment will be sold at John Deere stores. Deere will no longer market John Deere branded walk behind mowers or snow blowers in the United States after 2012."

Not sure how big the driveway is but I've used the Toro CCR single stage 2 cycle blowers since they were introduced.IMO the best series of blowers ever made. Light weight easy to start same gas a the ice auger and easy to store.(some of those things take up the entire garage stall)I've used them both in commercial, industrial, and residential setting. I currently have the smaller series.

I have posted this on here before, if you can get by 3/4ths of the winter without one, wait until february and then shop. Most places have them 25-50% off, plus theres still time to use it. I bought my MTD in february and took the reciept back twice and got cash back since they had lowered the price I bought at. The second time they told me they wouldn't do it beyond that, but I still got a steal on it.

Careful waiting too long. I work for a retailer that sells power equipment, including snowblowers. Last year we sold out of the snowblowers that we normally stock/sell (Cub Cadet, Honda, Poulan Pro, MTD). We were able to get some Troy Bilt blowers in later in the year, but they went quickly as well. We were sold out in February and were not able to get more in, as the manufacturer/supplier was out at that point. Every blizzard we sold a couple dozen. If you watch right now, you should be able to find some on pre-season sale...