• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Search Patterns?

yoppdk

I'm hoping to get some advice on where to search for crappies this time of year (fall). I've found crappies in some lakes suspended in deeper water.

I'm hoping to find some nice-sized crappies in Grand Rapids area ... any advice on which lakes to key on?

Was on Cutfoot and Little Cutfoot this past weekend and did not find a single crappie ... we searched deep and shallow. Only schools we found were perch.

Also was on Splithand this weekend and also only found perch ... though they were good sized! Didn't see a single crappie landed.

Thanks in advance for your advice ...

look for them around 18 feet around weedlines and rocks fuzzy jigs with a bit of crawler do the trick i wouldve stuck with the perch what did you catch them on?

I had on a small flu flu jig, red head, white skirt tipped with a crappie minnow. We watched a boat catch one after the other ... though we could not see exactly what they were catching. I guess since we were on a mission to catch crappies, we assumed that is what they were into. When they left, we assumed they'd gotten their limit. We moved in and started catching the perch, with an occasional snake northern thrown in. Nothing wrong with perch, except we really were hoping for crappies. Thanks.