• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best bait

Open water, by far, you cannot beat a feather jig. Try a 1/32 or 1/16 oz flu-flu, or marabou jigs.

Most of the time, live bait is not needed this time of year when fishing Crappies.

PCG

I've had good luck using a fatboy jig tipped with the tail (1/2 inch) of a crawler, with or without a float. Tube jigs with a small minnow seem to attract bigger fish. Trolling a Rebel crickhopper has also worked well, but the water was very stained.
good luck!

Lake Jane is always good for ice-fishing, loaded with sunnies and pretty good crappies. I think Square lake probably has some big ones, I caught a few on my one trip out there this year, but I was really looking for the elusive trout. The river of course, but I have no idea where. Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot, sometimes waxies are the best thing going. I usually use 2.

you mean for ice fishing on square lake or just fishing
thanks a heap
hey i found that big bluegill like to eat small silver mepps with a treble hook it really brings in the biguns