• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner sportfish I.O.

basslkjohn

Been meaning to ask this question since I bought my 1999 Sportfish I.O. a couple of years ago: There is a second set of battery cables running to the starboard

side of the motor compartment. Both positive cables have fuses and spare fuse holders integrated in the cables. I carry a spare battery in the port side holder plate, but haven't hooked it into the cables since I don't know the function of those cables. I'm assuming one cable is a charger running off of the alternator and the other may power the unused bow trolling receptacle.

Can anyone tell me the functions of these two cables? Once again, thanks for your consideration.

It sure sounds like a connection to your trolling motor receptacle... the two sets is throwing me for a loop though unless you have two trays in that area for a 24 volt system. It seems unlikely that one set would charge the battery from the alternator, but possible I guess.

marine_man

Thanks for your comments, guys. Both of the wires on the starboard auxiliary battery side are fused and run back under the motor. I'm pretty sure one of the wires is for the bow trolling motor and the other one may be feeding a couple of cigarette lighter type receptacles. At first I figured the second wire might be for running the batteries in series for greater trolling motor life...but why the fuse if the wire is just connecting the two batteries?...and why compromise your starting battery? Anyway, I'll chase those two wires under the motor and see if that gives me any answers. Thanks, again.