• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to Go?

I would like to bring my kids to Minnesota next week. I am looking for a lake, preferably one that isn't too crowded, with a nice campground (we have a motor home) where we can rent a boat and catch a slew of any kind of fish. Can anyone recommend a specific lake or place? Thanks.

Here are the things I would look for in a lake if I were you. Lots of fish of all species as well as excellent water quality. I will recommend a little lake between St. Cloud and Spicer MN. It is called Long Lake near New London MN. Where are you coming from? There are two campgrounds on the lake and the fishing is excellent!!ScottS

We are coming from Joliet, IL which is just 40 miles southwest of Chicago. I will investigate the lake you recommended right away. We are also considering Sugar Bay campground on lake Pokegama, do you know this resort/lake? This also seems like it may be what we are looking for. We are coming July 25th-30th, kind of a last minute vacation, so availability of campsites is also an issue.
Thank You for your prompt and informative response.

The reason I suggested Long Lake is because you can't fish the lake without getting LOTS of fish. The water quality is excellent and it isn't overly busy. Pokegama is an excellent lake, much farther North, much different fishing and much bigger lake.ScottS