• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

are they still biting in this record July heat?

Wondering if anyone has been angling at dusk for carp during this bizarre heat wave?

I'm thinking about going out this evening (Weds. July 20)to give it a shot.

I've been spending the last three days floating around the metro lakes with my mask, snorkel and speargun and have gotten quite a few carp in the milfoil and at the bluegill beds. I fillet 'em and steam 'em to add to my golden retriever's food. He says they taste great!

well, I'll answer my own question; there were no carp biting down at Minnehaha Falls/Mississippi last nite- I don't even think there were any in the usual spots- must have moved somewhere else- catfish bite wasn't too hot either

This is the best time of year for Carp. Around noon is the best time though. I'm just gearing up for it. I went out this morning and trolled. The Sheephead wouldn't leave us alone. We had 20 doubles with 19 being Sheephead. One Crappie. As noon came around we switched the Carp fishing for the first time this year. We did have one on but didn't land it. We did catch another Sheephaed on corn crazy .