• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund WC 14

Eelpout08

Thinking of trading in my Lund WC 14 with 25hp evinrude on a 16 footer, need more room for the kids! just wondering what everyones opinion is on what i should ask for it. there are a few scuffs on the paint but its in surprisingly good condition. bow mound minn kota powerdrive with lowrance graph up front, humminbird 586c in back, radio, lights and what not. thanks for the help! feb11003.jpg

need a little more info to give an accurate estimate.

how many lbs thrust is the bow mount? how many batteries are in the boat?

has the evinrude had any major issues? have you got the water pump/impeller replaced at all in the past 5 years? did it have any water in the lower unit oil when you winterized it last fall? do you have receipts of the last time you got it serviced?

does it have a name brand trailer? (ie shorelander... big pricing factor) does it come with a spare tire? bearing buddies?

what year is the boat, motor, and trailer? (another big factor)

all of these questions would have a impact on pricing and are questions you should be prepared to answer, but if everything is in great shape and there is no major problems with the motor, trailer lights work (big factor for me when looking at the package because it is in indicator of how well it is maintained), I would guess somewhere between $4,000-$6,000. Put it up for sale and don't let someone low ball you unless you really need to get rid of it fast. I'd list it a few hundred dollars more than you really need to get out of it, because you can always expect to have the price knocked down a couple hundred during negotiation. Definitely take that into consideration when listing a price

I think you'd be lucky to get $3000 to $4000. I poked around used boat prices very quickly and found new 14 DLX available in the $5000+ range. I'd do a much more thorough job at searching the web and price it accordingly. The graph and bowmount you have aren't going to raise the price much. They are mainly things that may help you sell it faster. The shape of the trailer is more important that who it's made by, Spartan in this case. I'd say clean it up as best you can, service the outboard and trailer, assuming you haven't yet, and see what kinds of offers you get. You can always lower the price if you need to. Raising it is nearly impossible unless you wait for next year.

Thanks for the replies

Trolling motor is 55 pound thrust

Boat and Trailer are 1992, trailer has bearing buddies, no spare, paint on trailer is in fair shape, no major rust but it doesnt look brand new

Motor is 1982 model, lower unit was rebuilt with new bearings, seals and water pump last spring when i bought it, along with a carb kit and the usual tune up items.

also re-did the interior last spring with new plywood, carpet and seats

To be honest, I think the most you would get out of it is 3k realisticly...nice boat though. I would start high for sure. Heck, I paid $3300 last year for my 1990 Predator II with a 60hp mariner same year, bowmount and Lowrance electronics. Not going to deny that I got a heck of a deal on it though. Only thing wrong with it was a soft spot in the left rear corner. Good luck with the sale.