• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the MN minimum Shaft Length?

Code-Man

I was looking at rules in SD for hunting and I see that they have a Minimum shaft length of 26" which got me concerned since I'm only shooting 24" arrows. I looked on the MN DNR 2010 Hunting Regulations and I do not see a minimum shaft length. Obviously I do not want to break the rules and regulations but am I over looking something?

I only see that we require a 30lb draw weight a sharp broad head of 7/8 inch to 2 inch cutting surface and no barbs.

Please keep me posted if Minnesota does or does not have a length requirement!

i'll bet they know on the womens forum.

I don't know if that was supposed to be funny but I got a laugh.

I've never heard of an arrow length regulation and its surprising that SD has one and I don't understand the reasoning behind it. I've seen people with short draw lengths shooting 70 pounds.

i'll bet they know on the womens forum.

I'm not touching that topic!

I see that ND has a 24" shaft and SD has a 26" requirement. I see that they require 40lbs min draw but if your draw is less than 26" it has to be 50. Wow confusing!