• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

icy weekend day 1 3-26 crappies

Cyberfish

I got out for some crappie action Saturday. I met Doug and his Son Collin, and a few of his friends on a spot that produced well last year. we had great ice conditions, the whole lake was my parking lot with over 3 ft of solid ice and just a few deep snowdrifts to dodge in my Ford.

I was hoping to put on a clinic on those slabs and had a good start nailing some really nice ones on a heavy metal 3mm green with a j&S icemite. But then I started having a tough time marking fish. That is when Collin really took over the show, he would hop around picking a fish here and there still fishing with a jig and waxworm, then he would go in his Dad's tent to warm up, where he would catch some more! Nice job!, he got the most, and big fish with a 13 inch mule too!

Doug got some great shots of me with my big crappie, nice! thanks!

fish2.jpg

fish3.jpg

fish4.jpg

golden crappie

golden%2Bcrappie.jpg

Collin with a slabosaurus

fish6.jpg

fish5.jpg