• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice vacation day 1 3-17

Cyberfish

I had a great 4 day weekend chasing panfish and perch up near grand rapids!

The first day had us drilling many holes looking for bluegills, and find them we did! mine were caught on a heavy metal tunsten jig 3mm with a pumpkin pepper nuggie tail

biggill.jpg

biggill2.jpg

Day 2 of my up north "icevacation" had up trying a few lakes rumored to hold massive panfish. the first one we tried deep and shallow and all depths in between, we found mediocre perch from 5 down to 40 ft. Then the chase continued to a different lake. We found some abandoned holes in 20 ft and soon we were on agressive biting fish! Only they were all tulibees, which no one seemed to want to catch. we fished em for a while then headed to catfoot souix, where we heard a panfish bite was going. We fished quite a while in many different spots and got lots of perch,some nice sized onmes mixed in. but no pan fish.

I wandered out to where quite a crowd was gathered, but they were not getting too much, a few medium sunfish, and no slabs, so I headed back with our group and was content icing some more perch. Then something came in around ten ft down and annialated my jig and nuggie. It fought good and near the end, flashes of silver down there had me thinking 2 pound plus slab, but it ended up being a large tulibee.

big+tullibee.jpg

bigtullibee.jpg

bigperch.jpg