• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Come on Baby Light My FireBrite & Porty

I have been with friends that have used some of these new style LEDs lights while night fishing in their portables and the units I have seen never convinced me enough to switch over from a 12v bulb. Also the stories of issues right out of the box when brand new, weak connection points and poor customer service if a problem should arise turned me away. I have known several people who have gotten "Konged" out of their hard earned money when ordering LED strips online from the other options available out their in www.com land. On top of these defective strips being shipped, when an issue occurs with some of these other options, good luck. No returned e-mails and money lost to the just being "took" seems to be the norm.

Well this year word was getting around that HSO's own Outdoors Pro Store was going to have some new style FireBrite LED light available. After hearing from some who got on them when they first came out, I started thinking maybe I should look into these. Well I did and I will tell you what hooked my in with this order. Pay-Pal! For one I have unused funds in my Pay-Pal account. The other options do not offer this and if I recall in the ice fishing forum back in 07 or 08 people were reporting "issues" during the billing process with these over seas companies (nope no the kind where you are issued an unexpected credit) & using credit cards. Well my order of two 48" strips went as easy as 1,2,3,. Less than a week later they were sitting at more door step.

The FireBrite LED strips are extremely cool. No trying to solder tiny points and starting out with a broken contact. These babies are pre wires with gator clips. Technically they come with everything you need to install. The dual black velcro strips that hold the wound up power cords can be used to mount the strip to a pole in a pinch. I went the route of the elec. tie option and they are in place no matter when I need light.

Here are a couple images of the strips installed:

full-18196-5885-insidetheshack5.jpg

full-18196-5886-led.jpg

full-18196-5887-led2.jpg

full-18196-5888-ledstripsatnight.jpg

Here is the link which will explain how to order your set today! Scroll down to the FireBrite leds towards the bottom.

http://outdoorprostore.com/equipment/led-ice-fishing-lights/

The main service rep Joe even contacted me to inform when the package was being shipped. It was going to be a day later than my order confirm stated and I believe this is why, but I would have never even noticed because they came in the time frame I was expecting.

Thanks guys! Great price and love my FireBrite lights!

Shack