• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 Vinson Drivetrain Problem?

randerson

I have noticed a noise coming from the drivetrain (clicking type noise) sounds like the front to me. Both front axels are tight I jacked it up and noticed when spinning left front tire the right front doesn't move ( it does about a inch or two) but when I spin the right front the left front spins with it. I checked all the drive shafts to the front T-case and everything seems good there could there be a internal t-case problem. Thanks for any info Ryan

seems to make the sound all the time 2wd or 4wd allmost sounds like on every rotation of the shaft I checked everything I can get at and everything seems tight I have seen broken axels on other machines and these seems fine

Check to make sure the axle didnt pop out of the front differential. It may look like it is still in place, but compare both sides to make sure its in the same as the other side. It is held in by a small spring clip and I have seen them pop out on rare occasion.