• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sports Show

waterwolff

So who else went.I was there early on Saturday and took it all in before the big crowds started. I went with an agenda of three things. I needed to find a anchor and ended up with a Digger anchor at a good price thank you Donnie.I also wanted to look at electronics and now have my sights set on two HDS 8's thank you Lowrance rep who spent an awfully long time with me explaining all the features and the in's and outs of rigging them up. And lastly I wanted to look at the boats and my are there some nice rigs out there not that I am in the market for one as of now. Although I am a die hard Lund guy I really liked the Tuffy boats and the fact you can have anyone of there floor plans in a tiller option. All in all I thought it was a good show.

MR

I really dont want to rain on your parade BUT

this is just my opinion

research those lowrance locators and get some good warrenty on them

i bought 2 520'c 3 yrs yrs ago and they are no good never really worked from the get go

my fault for not getttin them back in right away but at first it was just the one i put up in the bow and it didnt do it all the time so i would forget about it and just lived with it then the consloe one starting doing the same thing they just quit reading sometimes in shallow water sometimes in deep no ryhme and reason to it but very

frustarting if you are following a break i did the down load deal that

didnt help i havnt changed transducer yet for one reason the bow one is in the terrova and thats why i kinda give that one the benfit of the doubt at first then the consloe did it so i dont really have much faith in that being the answer if i can get lowrance to give me a transducer i might try it

but i'm looking at humminbird and garmin real hard

theres threads on here you should maybe try to find and read them cuz i'm not alone on this

i personally havnt dealt with customer servicing but from what i read it was a waste of time

you said you were buying 2 so i spose your lookin in the grand area thats what mine cost me more actually but i'm very very very disappointed in lowrance to who i was loyal to up til i bouht these

so i guess just do some research before you spend a bunch of $$$$

ya i dont know what has what at this point

i 'm not looking for alot of options

i'm old and just lookin for a locator i understand

has maybe split screen gps..locator..speed ....temp

all the extra options in the world dont help if it dont read

i'm not sure but ithink it was more than just 520c's but i'm not sure