• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Sportsman 500 “Blinking Battery Light”??

S.D. Ice Angular

I have a 2005 Sportsman 500, the battery symbol light and needle light keep blinking. This has been going on since mid October. It does not seem to affect the performance but now the “Check Engine” and “HOT” light keeps blinking after some snow plowing.

Anyone have a clue what might be going on here?

Thanks

Time to check the battery and charging system. First make sure terminals are clean and tight. Check voltage when not running, it shoud be around 12.3 or so. Then check it when running at a high idle, you should have 14 or more volts at the battery.

I have a 2005 Sportsman 500, the battery symbol light and needle light keep blinking. This has been going on since mid October. It does not seem to affect the performance but now the “Check Engine” and “HOT” light keeps blinking after some snow plowing.

Anyone have a clue what might be going on here?

Thanks

Great advice about above about the battery signal blinking.

As far as the "HOT" and "Check Engine" light that I would look at the radiator for ice and slush build up and then check your level of fluid and the degree it is good for.

Make sure the fan is not froze in place either.