• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

using a 4 wheeler fishing?

Burnham

ok so for the first year im starting to think about usin one of our wheelers out on the ice. I am 18, been around them my whole life. if i were to use it i know i would have to get the registration renewed but to drive on the lake (public land) would i need to take a test or anythin? just usin it for ice fishing even if i by law was required to take a test or get some sort of licence do they enforce it, being that i am just usin it for mobility and not going to be recreational driving? just curious, any input welcome.

thanks

All ATVs in the state of MN need to be registered if they're being used on private land and/or public land or frozen waters.

As to the other part of your question, yes you do need to be certified (you can take the course online since you're 16 or older) and yes they do enforce the laws if you're not certified. wink

About 1 1/2 hours and you can be done with the online course and print out a temporary certificate to use. You'll have to mail in your test results to the DNR and they will mail your certificate to you.

Being 18 you do not need to take atest.Get your registration and that should be fine they do not inforce much other than your fishing lis.

For your convenience, there is a link to the MN DNR ATV Regulations at the top of the ATV forum list. I'd recommend reading up before venturing out. wink

or to save a little time, CLICK HERE for the MN DNR ATV Regulations.