• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling Motor Problem

ted4887

The trolling motor foot controls just wont' move the motor clockwise. It will only turn counterclockwise. So the cables get twisted and makes it almost impossible to use. If anyones seen this problem come up before, any tips you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone has any advice for people who might be able to fix this early in the week in the Brainerd area just let me know. Thanks!

I had a minn kota powerdrive that stopped turning one direction, turned out the switches on the circuit board in the pedal were not making a good contact. i ended up getting a rebuilt pedal from that online auction site, if i remember right it was around 40 or 50 dollars.

You probably have a bad pedal. $69 at most sporting goods stores. I had this exact same problem with mine. I switched the pedal with my neighbor and it worked just fine, so I had to buy a new one.

I had this same issue last year. Turned out to be the main circuit board. The Minnkota dealer where I bought the part told me the circuit boards are a known issue w/ the Powerdrives. Believing the foot pedal to be the culprit I must have taken it apart three times before finding the solution. You should be able to fix this in 5 minutes once you have the part. Good luck. Skol.