• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Makes the Best Plow??

Cowhead

I want to put a plow on my 06 700 King Quad and it should weigh about 900lbs with me on it so how wide of a plow can i go and who makes one that works well and is reasonably priced? I might use it for my self for fishing and i might do some side work with about 18 miles of sidewalk to plow this winter

I was looking at Cycle Country and Moose but do i get a straight plow with a flap or a county plow?

i have used a strait blade 5' moose plow w/out flap for years on my Arctic Cat 300, have never ran out of power before running out of traction with this setup. I don't use chains, just have good tires and a few sandbags on the racks. Don't go to small with the plow as i have seen many do, thinking they will not have enough power to push the load.

How wide of a path does a 5' cut when you have it angled over to one side?

and i would like something that can do a 4' path when its angled all the way over so i dont have to do each sidewalk twice but i also dont want it so wide when its straight i cant do anything with it

i bought a 60" moose for my little 650 kawi! I run it without chains on and i have no problem pushing it when it is straight with alot of snow!! I used it for my driveway but also did quite a few company parking lots in town as well!! One recommendation would be to get the quick attach for the plow. That way you drive up to it and it snaps on the wheeler and when you r ready to take it off you just pull a cord and it lets loose!! It's just a tad too wide to do sidewalks though even with it at an angle!

I have the 60" Glacier, which is made by Moose I think, with the quick attach on my 500 sportsman. When I have it angled, it's still wide enough so that it plows a path wider than the tires. That's something to consider too when buying one, don't go too small so that when angled it's not wider than the wheeler. I do however run chains on mine, I have a gravel driveway and once a little snow gets packed on it, it becomes slick and the chains make a world of difference, no slipping at all, that being said...they'll do a number on the grass though.

I've got a 750 KQ w/a Cycle Country 60"er (state plow) and I live in the UP of Michigan... That said, I assume I get more snow than you do?? I have a 1000 ft. driveway and went all of the year before last w/out using my plow truck. I thought about putting chains on but was told that there would be issues of snapping axles due to the amount of low-end torque. The plow has held up great and I beat the hell out of it! I would recommend it for sure!

So does your Cycle Country have a quick attach deal so you dont have to always have it on and then just drive up and attach it again?? and how does your lift system work just off your winch?? and if so how high off the ground is the plow when its all the way up... Thanks for your help and input