• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft Owners

flyboy10

I was up on Mille Lacs last week out on 9 mile (middle of the lake) and of course my Dominator with a Suzuki decided to cut out when up on plane. Its brand new and only has 10 hours on her. The engine was just dying after about 10 seconds on plane. I called Cabelas from the middle of the lake for any sugestions and they told me I have a fuel Shutoff valve isssue. I guess there is a one way valve in the fuel tank that is there to prevent fuel from leaking out if the boat flips over and i guess that valve was sticking closed. I guess my question is if this is a difficult fix and has anybody else heard of this.

Thx. PS. long ride home from 9 mile to the south end last week.

There's a anti-siphon valve usually installed that can be sticky, but typically takes a while to go bad...

Either way... I'd try and squeeze your primer bulb and see if you can get fuel to flow. The valve is usually installed at the 90 degree fitting on the fuel tank, under the floor of the boat.

Given that it's new, I'd probably take it back and let them deal with the hassle.

marine_man