• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tilt/Trim won't go down

I have a 1979 johnson 100hp my tilt goes up but it won't come down. The 2 trim rods are all the way out and they won't go back in either. I can hear the 2 year old motor working when I push the up/down button. It's full of fluid and I bled the system a few times and the battery is charged but when I put it away for the winter the trim rods were not all the way in are they seized up or something? I dont want to burn up the tilt/trim motor when I push down and nothing happens.

any help would be great thanks!!!

p.s. I can move the engine up and down manually when I use the relief screw. But the trim rods still are sticking out and wont go back in no matter what.

An internal valve is stuck closed. The trim side of the system is the high pressure side of the system, thats why the tilt works and the trim wont. It may have to be dissassembled and repaired.