• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I talked to a few people over the weekend and we want to get one going for july 10th.So let me know if that works for u guys and we can get some rules together. Also still interested for the rivertown days tourny!

So far i got 6 boats including yourself,im trying to draw some rules up if you have any ideas let me know. It would be nice to have atleast 10 boats.I will keep asking around.Also do you know if we have to get into contact with the DNR to do a tourny on the river? One of my friends said we have to because once you have a fish in the well you cant release them back. What do you think I should charge for the entry fee and should we do 2 per boat or up to three?

I would say 2 but i guess if someone wants to pack 3 people in i wouldnt care, and 5 fish per team. I believe with less than 20 boats you dont need to do anything special you can try sending them an email they respond back pretty quick. I know one year for rivertown days all fish had to be hauled back to the confluance in prescott but that was for 35 boats. I would say fishing hours from 7:00-3:00. Boundrys, any were you can get between the dams and the 94 bridge. No live bait and no trolling like any other tourny. How would you feel about 50 bucks a boat. If theres anything else let me know. We might be able to do the weigh in at my families cabin on the croix about a mile up from prescott. Let me know what you think. I should have a count of my friends next tuesday night.

Why cut off at 94 bridge? If someone wanted to fish north of there they would have to deal with the no wake. Heck in July I cannot go to the river without going past the islands ! Grreat viewing! I would consider it but I do like fishing north of 94 so if anything changes there make sure you post that. Also I have 2 boys 10 and 11 yrs old. This could be their first tourney with me ever, I am glad you are flexible to 2 or 3 in a boat otherwise I woudl have to choose.

with the amount of interest we should probably contact the dnr just to make sure we are all legit. I would be fine with going past the 94 bridge its just the usual cutoff for all the tournies I've fished on the croix. Also if for some reason the dnr says we do need a permit we have to have bounderies set.

50 dollars a boat sounds good,and i dont care if people have 3 in a boat.Thats a good idea to have the weigh in at your familys cabin. Should we try to get some rules drawn up pretty quick and if you think we should get a hold of the dnr we should do that pretty quick.Also i think it should be just smallies and largemouth.

I only have me and one other boat who can make it for sure. but yeah i would contact the dnr just to be sure what we have planned is ok( I know they amount of boats we have is fine with out a permit its just the entry fee im not sure on). As far as the cabin goes it could be tough with all the pleasure boaters and having boats beached I think they might get kind of banged up. I'm woking on getting permission to use the neighbors dock also then it would work great. And yes I would say largemouth and smallies only.

also just to give you guys a heads up we will be hosting the rivertown days bass tournament july 18th. So this tourny on the 10th would be a great chance for everyone to get out and prefish. I will post more info soon in the tournament section.

I have an e-mail out to the dnr.What did you mean by the entry fee? Im thinking we will have anywhere from 6-10 boats,It still will be fun and ya its a good chance to pre-fish for the rivertown tourny. Last year we had 6 boats and we did the weigh in on the kinni. We had plenty of room and it was pretty cool that some people that were on the kinni came over and watched the weigh in. Could you get a hold of a scale and bags? I have 2 bags and we just used my fish scale last year.I was thinking the payout would be 1st and 2nd only,what do you think? Im leaving for hayward in the am so i will get some rules posted on tuesday then you can give me some feedback on what you think.

we are few enough boats that we wouldnt have to worry about a permit its just the entry fee that gives you the issues with the dnr. I was also thinking about the kinni I think that would be a cool place to do it. And yes I have a scale and bags that works for me on payout but it would be fun to pay something out to big fish also.

Still havent heard back from the dnr yet.I got some rules drawn up,if you want me to email them to you before i post them let me know. I figure we would payout 25 dollars to the individual who has the biggest bass of the day. I thought the start time would be at the train bridge in prescott at 5:30 and the end time will be at 12:30 at the kinni. The earlier we start the better chance we miss a lot of the big boats that day.

there was just a big open tournament out there yesterday, if u guys hold a tournament out there i wouldent just hold it south of the 94 bridge i would go north to the no wake by the 94 bridge isent to bad just go up to the dike in hudson then zoom around to the train bridg then out to the river south of the 94 bridge has way more people then north up by bayport, and if you guys do only have 6 to 10 boats just have in hudson that way its not that far going north or south threw the no wake thats were we have or club tournaments and the open tournaments.

but if we are all from hastings its just as many no wakes to go through to the kinni, and if we say we blast off from prescott like we were thinking it wouldnt make sence to go out of hudson. If your saying you wanna fish it and you wanna go north of 94 i think me and the other riverrat both said we dont care were people go as long as they make it to the way-in in time.

sorry bass whacker for being so late on the rules of this tourny,been busy with the little ones with baseball!fun stuff!I printed the rules and handed them out to my buddies,and everybody seems to be fine with them and are pretty pumped to do a little competive fishing.So heres what i got for you and whoever else wants to fish it. The tourny will be held july 10th-start time will be at 530 till 1230 and the weigh in will be at the kinni,the majority of us are from hastings and prescott so it makes the most sense to do it this way! Its 50 dollars a boat and no more than 3 people per boat-It will be the best weight of the 6 bass,smallie or largemouth. 25 dollars will go to the individual who has the biggest bass of the day,and this will come out of the pot. 1st will get 60% and 2nd will get 40% of the pot.Only artificial bait can be used!Both the croix and sippi can be fished! but every minute your late to the weigh in we will knock off an ounce off of your total weight! The money should be handed in before the tournament starts either that morning or can get in touch with me @[email protected]. As of now we for sure got 6 boats,waiting to hear from others.It will be a good time! If you have any questions let me know. Talk to you soon.

Some will be launching at prescott,hastings public launch and me and another guy have a season pass at plans in hastings. The take off will be at the train bridge in prescott so we will be hanging around there till the start time.I will be at the train bridge at 5am so i have time to collect the money and try to answer any questions people might have.