• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teleflex flasher question

shiltsy

I have a 2003 Skeeter TZX 190 with a black and white Teleflex flasher in the console. I bought the boat used, but it looks like there is a water temp probe on the transom and it must have an in hull transducer.

I need this flasher for depth readings at WOT because my Humminbird SI transducer is out of the water when cruising. I get quite a bit of noise on the flasher when cruising, but it's consistent enough that I should be able to get a depth reading. Does anyone know if I can change the temperature reading in the center of that flasher to give me a numeric depth reading? I would prefer that over trying to read the flasher lines to determine depth when I'm bouncing around at 50 MPH. Any ideas?

Also, with an in hull 'ducer I assumed there would be less noise and more consistent depth readings when cruising. Any thoughts on that? I'm assuming this is a Skeeter factory install.

Thanks all - hope it was a good opener for everyone.

I don't think you'll be able to do what you're asking to do.. but, I think your best bet would be to get a hold of the owners manual and see if there's anything there that might point you in the right direction.

marine_man

Yeah, I scoured their web site looking for user manuals and can't seem to find the product line. I don't think they make flashers these days... I'm wondering if Humminbird OEM's them now... because this flasher looks exactly like the Humminbird ID series flasher.