• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bark Collar?

8-Ball

I just went through this with my dog. I bought the Tri-tronics Bark Limiter XS and have had great results. Along with the collar we have stepped up the training. The situations where she would bark she now let's out ONE bark and that's it. I live in town and there are certain situations where it's not ok to bark. When those situations have come up she has responded nicely.

The battery should last a long time - I was told 1 year.

I would not recommend the spray collars - atleast for me it was a waste of $100.00.

I have been using the Petsafe bark control collar.. Its got multi-levels in output.. Gives off a beep before the zap so they can associate it with that.. Ends up saving juice.

I think it was around $70 from Petco.. You could get it online cheaper.. Batteries actually last pretty long, around 2 months (my dogs have their barking episodes so i take it off and on.)

Yea, the spray one is weak.. Its great when it works, but it'll get clogged sooner or later and I cant clean it 2x a day...

Thx for all the tips guys.. I went ahead and ordered the Tri-tronics one directly from their HSOforum. Will post results once we get the unit. Hopefully this will stop the barking everytime anything from a person to a dog to a leaf blowing by the window initiates barking!