• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best shooting fixed blade at 300+ fps??

boatfull

I've got some very good suggestions. I will try to get to gander this weekend to check my paper tune, arrow spine and walk back tune. I am also going to check to see if my vanes are contacting my cables or drop away.

More than likely a proshop will mount a laser on the bow, nock an arrow, and swing the laser beam down the length of the arrow shaft. That laser should run down the top dead center of the arrow the entire length. If not, they will adjust the rest left/right to accomplish this. People think cam lean will counter act this, but at rest and full draw, cam lean does not affect the arrows postion in relationship to square with the rest

I had the same problem with my fletchings hitting my cable. I thought I was having problems with my drop away not dropping correctly and spent money on a new rest. Went to a proshop in Maple Grove. The guy had me take one shot and knew exactly what the problem was. He had me rotate nocks. Not a problem since. He also didn't charge me. He has my business now. I have had a few times at the big sporting goods stores where I felt that the tech/worker just wanted to get to the next guy and didn't really want to help me. The guys at the small shop have skin in the game and want to keep and gain new business.

I did spend some time at Gander Mountain this weekend. Without broadheads, my paper tune and walkback tune were good. The Beman 400's I have been shooting are the proper spine. I was shooting very good groups at 20 and 30 yards. Next fall, I will need to try to do a better job lining up my blades with my vanes and see what happens. Thanks for all of your suggestions.