• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Training Question

thedanimalkmk

Have any of you guys ever used paths in the snow to work on hand signals with your dog? I thought I would gather some info/experiences from you guys on here before I went through the work of making the paths. I was thinking of making a path directly in front of me and then off to each side. I was going to put the dog in the middle and a bumper at the end of each path and work with directing him using the paths. Thanks in advance.

Dan

I think if you go to most, if not every field trial pro you will see the same thing.

When they start to do the double T, for those who are not aware of what this is, it is a casting drill, they will cut paths in their "yard" field that will have a staight line to the top. They will cross that line with the "T". About 1/2 way down from the top there will be another cross.

At the end of each line there will be a pile of bumpers.

Paths are a good thing!!! Go ahead and use them. Remember, you are "teaching" the cast. Make "learning" that cast as easy as possible. You are not challenging the dog will this drill.

GOOD LUCK!!